Saturday, July 30, 2011

No art time

It has been a busyweek, my uncle is in the hospital, his wife, my aunt is home alone in the countryside. I worry as she doesn't drive, is over 80 and has trouble walking. Of course they have the big garden, animals outside to care for and the mailbox down the road.  I went to visit the uncle at the hospital and then went to visit my aunt home alone. She was having trouble getting around the house, using chairs and furniture to support herself. I stayed and gave her a hand, I was picking vegetables, cleaning the garden, taking out house garbage, feeding the animals, she has the cutest kittens, the young beef stock and flowers blooming all over the yard. We had a great visit. She was so happy to see me, of course she attempted to make a lunch, she gave me the biggest smile when I discovered her cane, in the backseat of her car, uncle was using it when he went to the hospital for a hip replacement surgery and it was forgotten there. I left with a good feeling and have a feeling I will be back next week, I'll be worrying about my aunt and uncle, both having trouble walking in the house. Who will feed the animals, pick the vegetables and get the mail?

No comments:

Post a Comment